Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Simple Christmas Tutorial



I found these Eames Era Atomic Christmas ornaments at my local thrift shop. They are plastic and flat, and I thought they would be perfect to add some handmade touches to.


The first thing I did was to glue some heavily glittered plastic snowflakes that I purchased for $3.00 at my local Wal Mart.


I then added a cardboard star covered with antique music sheet paper. I inked the sides of the star to give it an antique finish.
My next door neighbors have done a lot for me since I have been sick so I wanted to repay their kindness.
I copied a picture of their cute little Schnauzer dog and glued it on top of the star. I then added some vintage seam binding and created a handmade gift that I am sure they will appreciate.
Have a wonderful day.
Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment