Monday, January 24, 2011

The Hail Came



In the early morning hours of January 9th I was awakened by my little dogs moving around and crying. The blackness of the night was split open by a lighting bolt that seemed to have hit above the house. The windows shook as I sat up in bed and for a fleeting moment I thought the bathroom window might break.
I rushed to the back door to call in the cat. He came screaming across the back yard as though begging me not to shut the door before he got there.
We where in the midst of the worst hail storms I have ever seen. The hail soon turned to a very heavy rain. Both the house and grounds were pounded. Later in the morning I was able to take photo of the hail stones, about the size of peas, in the yard.

Have a great day no matter what the weather.
Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment