Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Step Into My Time Machine and Enjoy the Beauty of the Past




A while back, my dear sister sent me a box of old photos of our family. Tucked deep inside the box was a treasure trove of tintype photos. Most of the photos are of friends of my Grandfather on my fathers side of the family.

My Grandfather was the paymaster for the Metropolitan Opera Company. He hung out with Enrico Caruso and apparently spent many weekends at Coney Island, splashing in the surf and hanging out with friends.

He wrote a book in 1937 called "Backstage At The Opera".

I have decides to make jewelry pieces of the people I don't recognise. I will put them up for sale in my Etsy Shop ( sweetlaraine.etsy.com )

The few pictures of my Grandfather and my beautiful Grandmother, I will save and make jewelry pieces for my granddaughters.

Seeing my Grandmothers sweet young face is a treasure. Both my Grandmothers died before I was born, so I never got to know them.

Cherish the time you have to spend with your grandchildren.

Have a wonderful day!

Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment