Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Rose Breasted Grosbeak



Imagine my surprise I realized I was less than 3 feet from this beautiful bird on my bird feeder. He just sat there and looked at me, almost like he was tame. He is a rose breasted grosbeak. The female looks like a very large sparrow. They are almost as large as a blackbird without the long tail. They appear heavy bodied. I can only hope they build a nest near by so I can see them again.

South Texas has been in a drought for at least the last four or five years. My grass has died off, as well as most of my tropical foliage plants. I have had to dig up my hibiscus plants and re-potted them in large pots so I can move them out of the direct sun and keep them watered. Actually I enjoy all the plants on the patio, where I can keep an eye on them.

Have a wonderful day !

Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment