Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Fine five Spotted Hawk Moth in the Making



I went out to pick the last of the peppers today and found they gone......eaten by the biggest fattest greenest Caterpillar I have ever seen. He is a tomato horn worm and is approx 3 1/2 to 4 inches long. Fat as a human finger with a funny hook on his back end. He will turn into a five spotted hawk moth which will be the size of a hummingbird. I don't have the heart to kill him and since my garden is gone now, I will just keep an eye on him and see where he plans to make his transformation. Things like this make life interesting and having a computer that you can just type "fat green caterpillar" in the search box and find what you are looking for makes every day a learning experience.........now........go make something beautiful!
Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment