Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time to Rest and Reflect




The past week including Mothers Day has been spent in rest and reflection. My beloved Tuffy was almost taken from me because of my thoughtless mistake.
Mothers day was quiet and restful....thankfully. I don't think I could take more excitement. I spent most of the morning in the back yard weed whacking the grass around the patio so the yard will look sharp and finished. I filled humming bird feeders and moved the hanging baskets to Shepard hooks around the patio.

Last week, on Wednesday, I saw a new Doctor. I like her very much and am thinking about switching Doctors. I have had my old Doctor for over 10 years. He relies on the staff to talk to me and take notes to add to my chart. Then he just comes in the room, reads from my chart and never really talks to me or touches me, even to take my blood presser. He charges medicare the most expensive extended visit charge so I am stuck with a larger 20% left after medicare.

The new woman Doctor actually seemed happy to talk to me and looked in my ears and took my blood presser herself. My 20% left after medicare was only $14.00.......far less than the extended visit charge. I am going back early next month to have some skin tags removed and will probably take in all my meds and switch Doctors.

The nights after Tuffy's choking incident, I found it very hard to sleep. I think I was going through some sort of obsessive compulsive behavior. I kept thinking about what happened over and over like a broken record. It's getting better now....but I was having trouble sleeping. I must learn to go to my happy place and relax.

Have a great day.

Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment