Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let the Right One In


Let the Right One In

Set in winter in a dreary Swedish housing complex " let the right one in " is the love story of a child vampire and a forlorn bullied human child. Oskar is the human child, bullied in school and overlooked by his estranged parents. This fragile almost albino looking child meets "Eli" the dark child, on the snow covered play ground and the loneliness of the odd children blossom into first love.

This movie is stark and unsettling, but I love a good vampire movie set in modern time, although this movie seems to be set in the 1980's.

I streamed this little gem on my computer using my netflix account. The movie is in Swedish with subtitles but just like " Pans Labyrinth " the movie is comfortable in it's native language.



I understand the original producers have made the American version shot in 2010 renamed " Let me in ". I somehow don't think it will be as good as the original, but I will reserve judgement. The trailers of the new version look good and seem to have the same overall creepy feeling. But for now you can see the original on netflix or rent it at your local video store.

The titles of both films reflect the vampire lore, that a vampire cannot enter unless asked by a human.

Have a great day......now.....go watch a scary movie !
Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment