Friday, October 1, 2010

My Collection of Beautiful Bed Dolls





My mother came from a hard working farm family in White Sulphur Springs New York. MY Grandfathers house was a ramshackle farmhouse with just a path through each room so you could move about. Thanks to the " Hoarders " program I have come to the realization my Aunt was a hoarder. The master bedroom of the farmhouse was not used since it was so full of stuff....but...on the bed was the most beautiful doll this little girl ever saw. She was a vintage bed doll who although I don't remember the color of her dress, I do remember her painted face with a beauty mark on her cheek and her fabulous red hair. She was gorgeous but I could not touch her, I could not even enter the room.
Over the years I have been able to get my hands on several bed dolls. They occupy the bed in my spare room.
It makes my heart happy just to look at them.
Have a great day...now....go make something beautiful !
Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment