Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tuscan Chicken and Broccoli



When the weather gets cold, I love to make something hearty in my slow cooker. I saw a wonderful recipe for Tuscan chicken and Artichokes at www.recipe.com. Since I could not find any frozen artichokes at my local store I substituted frozen broccoli.

You will need

one package of frozen broccoli
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped.
1 package of chicken thighs. ( mine were boneless and I cut them in half )
1 tsp of Mediterranean seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 fresh green zucchini
1 package of yellow zucchini.............I like zucchini
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes ( if more than a cup use them all up )
chopped parsley
2 cups of broth ( I used beef broth because I was out of chicken broth )

Layer the frozen broccoli, onion, garlic, frozen yellow zucchini in slow cooker. Top with cut up chicken and broth. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Add tomatoes sliced green zucchini and cover and cook for another half hour or until the veggies are cooked.

Serve in a large soup bowl with french bread on the side.

Very Yummy!!

Have a great day!!!

Laraine

No comments:

Post a Comment